I'm using your popup window html, (its great) but do not know how to use the "ID object" function.
Return to Recent Questions
I'm fairly new to HTML and Java. I'm using your popup window html, (its great) but do not
know how to use the "ID object" function. I'm using Frontpage as my HTML editor. The
only way I can figure out how to give "a line of text" or a "Graphic" and ID is to
create a "Layer". That creates an (ID) in the HTML script.
But I still cannot get the pop up to work when clicking the object. How is the best way
to create an object ID that will all Deluxe pop-up to recognize it?
Can I have two separate pop-up within the same html page?
One last thing...Can I create a pop up that fly's out after 10 seconds, and within
that fly out have a link that opens another pop up with important info in it using the iframe feature?
This sound like novice questions, but that's me!
See you can show the popup window when you hover, click or mouseout on some elements on your
page. For example you've added an image in the FrontPage. Right click on this image and go
to "Picture properties...", on the Appearance tab select 'Style...' and enter any text in
the ID field, for example 'open_popup'. Switch to 'Code' mode, you'll have the following
<p><img border="0" src="images/submenu-bg.gif" width="170" height="29" id="open_popup"></p>
So, in the Deluxe Tuner you should enter 'open_popup' object ID in the onMouseOver,
onClick or onMouseOut fields.
Actually you can assign id to any object on your page manually. Switch to 'Code' mode and
add id="open_popup" for <a>, <div>, <img> ... tags.
> Can I have two separate pop-up within the same html page?
You can add as many popups as you want.
> Can I create a popup window html that fly's out after 10 seconds
Create popup window and set openAfter=10 parameter to it. You can find this parameter in
> and within
> that fly out have a link that opens another pop up with important info in it using the iframe feature?
Use HTML content as window content. Set winContent parameter in 'Common' section.
Add link inside the html content:
\'width=220,height=270,resizable,scrollbars=no,middle,right,fade-effect\', \'default\', \'iframe\')\">Click to open Popup Window with 'files/test.html'
More info about deluxePopupWindow.open() function you can find:
function deluxePopupWindow.open("winID", "content", "header", "param", "skin", "contentType")
Use another winID (first parameter) than you have in your data file if you don't want to close 1-st popup window or use the
same winID=win if you want to close 1-st popup.
content - will be the path to the file you want to load in your popup (files/test.html)
skin - is the name of your skin (default in my example)
contentType - set this parameter to iframe.
Return to Recent Questions
- Aug 30, 2006 - Can all the java script be contained with in the html and not use an external .js file?
- Oct 30, 2006 - I don't see on my website dhtml mouseover menu that I saw on my local machine.
- Nov 05, 2006 - The font color doesn't change when I roll over the dhtml side menu
- Nov 06, 2006 - Each item is a different width. Can I do this with your html navigation bar?...
- Nov 17, 2006 - How can I open a new window of a specific dimension in the dhtml toolbar?
- Nov 22, 2006 - I cannot get the background color of the html popup menu to change
- Dec 06, 2006 - Is using search engine friendly code the same as using normal html menu bar for spiders?
- Dec 24, 2006 - How to get side menu items to swap images to use like a traditional image rollover.
- Dec 29, 2006 - How can I open sliding drop down menu on simple link mouse over?